Hireace is committed to the safety of our roads.
If you are hiring one of our vehicles on an International Licence, we recommend you check out the New Zealand Road Code by visiting www.drivingtests.co.nz/roadcode/car who offer a free road code quiz. This quiz is a great way to get yourself up to speed with New Zealand road rules.
For all closely populated areas, a general speed limit of 50km/h is fixed. Areas with a speed limit of 70km/h may be enforced and limited speed ways are established with a speed of 100km/h or 50km/h depending on conditions and circumstances.
More helpful information http://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/driving-in-nz/docs/driving-in-nz.pdf
- Keep left - We drive on the left-hand side of the road
- Always use seat belt. You and all occupants
- Respect the speed limits
- Slow down on corners
- Use passing line to overtake slow vehicles
- Never stop on the middle of the road
- Take rest between trips
- Drive to the conditions (Rain, Snow, Icy and Windy)
- Do not drink and drive
- Do not use mobile phone when driving
- In case of emergency call Police, Fire or Ambulance on 111
For more information check: